2015-17 Sauvé Scholar, Svjetlana Markovic, recently organized an inspiring Leadership Camp in Bosnia & Herzegovina in collaboration with 2015-17 Sauvé Scholar, Edison Huynh.
The camp brought together 13 prominent young leaders in science, technology, law, economics and medicine. The participants were given tools to improve themselves as leaders of tomorrow, through workshops and activities related to networking, communication and time management development. They were also motivated by inspiring local leaders, including:
- Almir Badnjević, Ph.D. in bioengineering, recognized by American magazine, Marquis, Who’s Who for Excellence in Medical and Biological Engineering;
- Bojan Vuković, CEO of DVC Solutions;
- Brankica Raković, Well-known blogger and editor of the online portal “Lola”;
- Anna Pulley, Winner of the UN Award for reporting and engagement of persons with disabilities in Bosnia and Herzegovina;
- Jelena Joksimović, Editor of the magazine “Beauty and Health”;
- Tanja Mandić-Đokić, Consultant for socially marginalized group issues, and
- Sonja Pržulj, Director of the American Corner in Banja Luka.
Participants emphasized the importance of leadership in developing, regulating and changing attitudes of group members, as well as the significance of communication with the public. The audience was particularly interested in how leaders remain motivated as well as changing models of continuous improvement in a time of technological revolution and globalization.