The Jeanne Sauvé Foundation
Life at the Jeanne Sauvé Foundation is about connecting, engaging and empowering a new generation of public leaders in Canada and around the world to address key global challenges. The Jeanne Sauvé Public Leadership Program is an intensive, in-house, intercultural and international program based at Jeanne Sauvé House in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
We are seeking a creative, fluently bilingual Communications Coordinator to support the communications strategy of the Jeanne Sauvé Foundation and to assist in planning, organizing and executing events, activities, and programs. The Communications Coordinator must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and intercultural skills.
- Write, edit, proofread and publish the Foundation’s communications, such as newsletters, applicant call-outs, guidelines, social media posts, speeches, press releases, narratives, biographies, etc.
- Develop, edit, update and manage website and social media channels (FB, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube).
- Able to translate when necessary.
- Work with the entire JSF Team to develop, update and review as necessary, schedules, official letters, terms and conditions, and any other documents required for the Program, Network or Forum.
- Develop and maintain media relations and networking contacts.
Events, Program, Network, Forum Support
- Responsible for event communications related to the Program, the Network, and the Forum.
- Carry out event and program logistics in collaboration with the Operations and Events Coordinator.
- Support overall logistics associated with the Jeanne Sauvé Public Leadership Program.
- Assist the JSF team in various tasks.
- Demonstrate a high level of comfort operating in an international and multicultural environment.
Essential Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
- At least three-year work experience in communications, public relations, journalism, public policy or similar field.
- Full proficiency in English and French, ability to communicate in a confident manner at all levels.
- Excellent creative drafting skills, expertise in storytelling through a variety of print and digital media.
- Social media savvy and adaptable to new digital tools.
- Proficiency in Google and Microsoft Office Suite, Mailchimp, WordPress, Website maintenance and SEO.
- Marketing, presentation and design knowledge and skills (Adobe Suite), and an interest in developing them.
- A cooperative attitude and ability to work as a team member and autonomously.
- Capable of managing multiple projects and effectively prioritizing while remaining flexible.
- Enthusiastic and professional, pays extremely close attention to detail.
The position is full-time; compensation will be determined based on your qualifications.
How and when to apply
Please send your CV of maximum 3 pages, a cover letter and the names and contact details of two referees to email@example.com by midnight on Wednesday, April 12, 2017.